1. A genuine cowhide rug will last for years. Cowhides last many years and are meant to hold up to an active family with children, pets, and occasional spills! Extremely easy to care for, we provide a full care and cleaning guide with your purchase.
2. Sometimes what you see is not what you get. Often, the hide you choose will be ‘of similar color and size’ than what is pictured. At Cowhides Direct we take individually photographed pictures of each cowhide, so you know exactly what you are getting.
3. Cowhides are hypoallergenic. Unlike traditional carpets and rugs, cowhides do not trap in allergens and do not release fibers into the air.
4. Purchase from a reputable dealer. Many dealers can and will sell inferior cowhides and sell them as genuine products. Cowhides Direct exclusively sells Hudson Hides cowhides that undergo a rigorous selection process and are stamped with their signature logo of approval.
5. Choose the country of origin for your rug. When it comes to cowhides, Brazil is known as the top of the line quality, but it also carries a higher price tag. This is not to say our European line isn’t great either though. The tanning process for both is remarkably similar as well. The difference is often that the European hides can be slightly thinner but the breeds are also different so they have a noticeably different look than Brazilian hides that can be more appealing as well.
You will not regret owning a cowhide rug!
For more information about purchasing a Cowhide rug contact cowhiderugs.com today! We have been around many years and are the experts in cowhide rugs. Give us a call today. You will be glad you did!